How can I join?
Come along and try us out for £3.50 per session. A committee member will greet you and you will be made very welcome. You can be a visitor for 2 meetings, then you would be expected to become a member. Annual fees are shown below. Once paid up, new members are entitled to vote or stand for election to committee.
Questions on membership
This is for annual membership and runs from 1 January to 31 December each year.
When can I pay? Payment can be made from October onwards each year. The fee is due by 31 December. The last date for payment will be the February meeting . After this, your name will be taken off the membership list and we really don’t want to lose you!).
We accept payment by cash and cheques payable to Market Harborough WI. If you want to pay by bank transfer the sort code is 40-32-04 and the account number 91732404. Please enter your full name next to payment reference, eg Anne Smith, so that we can track the payment.
What happens to my fee? About half of your subscription is retained by Market Harborough WI (to meet local costs, eg venue hire and speaker costs). The rest goes to the Leicestershire and Rutland Federation of Women’s Institutes (LRFWI) and the National Federation of Women’s Institutes (NFWI).
What happens if I join after 1 April? New members joining the WI for the first time, i.e. who have not previously been a member of any WI in the past 10 years, will pay a pro-rata subscription depending on the quarter in which they join.
What if I am already a member of another WI or want to join a second WI?
This is possible – ask our Membership Secretary for details
How old do I have to be to join the WI? 18 years old
Benefits of joining the WI
- Free attendance to Market Harborough WI meetings for 2018
- Early booking and some discounted rates to WI social events
- WI Life Magazine – 8 copies per year
- Discount Voucher Booklet
- Access to activities organised by the Leicestershire & Rutland Federation of WIs
- Access to a whole range of activities, eg trips, courses at Denman College and competitions organised by the National Federation of WIs.
- Access to MyWI website (You must have an e-mail address recorded on our Membership system in order to access this).