There’s loads happening tonight!
Tonight is Resolutions Night, when members get their chance to have a say on the proposed lobbying issues by the National Federation of WIs. This year, the two to choose from are ‘Alleviating loneliness’ and, secondly, ‘Plastic soup: keeping microplastic fibres out of our oceans’. More details on pages 20-21 of the April issue of WI Life.
Cheese and wine evening tonight
We’ll be making this into a fun evening, too, helped along with cheese and wine for all members. Bring a bottle of your favourite tipple and a couple of glasses, too, to share with other members. Tea and coffee available at the start of the evening (but no refreshments).
- Raffle – a floral garden theme
- Sale of nearly new bags and scarves (MHWI fund raiser)
- Planning to go on the boat trip in June or Paintpottle – have cash or cheque with you.
See you there!
Our speaker tomorrow, the 23rd, is our friendly, retired-police-officer who will be delivering humorous anecdotes from his time in the force. We just hope none of us feature in his tales! Guaranteed a laugh.
- The raffle will have the theme of ‘homemade‘. It can be something you made or something someone else has made by hand, any item, even food such as jam. It could be something for Christmas. If you bring a prize, you will receive a raffle ticket ensuring you get a prize yourself to take home. Get making now!
- We’re also supporting the Movember theme which promotes men’s good health. We’re hoping for some themed cakes for the refreshments (besides buying a slice with your tea or coffee, members might like to make some cup cakes, box them and donate them for selling to raise money). Another idea – maybe you can come up with something to wear that supports this worthwhile cause?
Our November raffle will have the theme of ‘homemade’. It can be something you made or something someone else has made by hand, any item, even food such as jam. It could be something for Christmas. If you bring a prize, you will receive a raffle ticket ensuring you get a prize yourself to take home. Get making now!
Well done to Clare Farquhar, outgoing President, and visitor, Rachel Dodds, who each won a £200 voucher towards a course at Denman College. We look forward to hearing what you book and some pictures of what you did. Oh, and Rachel, we hope you enjoyed last night and will be signing up as a member very soon!
We will also be donating a £100 towards Denman College (proceeds from the raffle and a little bit more!).
Denman voucher raffle prize winners, Rachel Dodds and Clare Farqhuar
Yes, two lucky members will each be winning a voucher value £200 for WI’s Denman College. What a marvellous chance to try a course and maybe learn a new skill!
So, instead of the normal raffle, each member will be able to buynjust one raffle ticket this evening. If you can’t make it but want to be included, then email now: email@example.com. We’ll put you a ticket into the draw and you can pay us next time you come.
This year is already proving to be living up to our President’s strap line, ‘Bigger and Bolder‘! So here are a few reminders:
- Bring a favourite book you would like to donate to tonight’s monthly raffle? It’s simple: donate a book (it must be in excellent condition) and you will receive a numbered raffle ticket. At the end of the evening you will pick up a new title with a corresponding number.
- Pick up that pile of unwanted bras and new pants for our Smalls for Africa collection.
- Put unwanted jewellery items in a bag and put them in our collection for Treasure that Heart.
- Have you paid your sub for 2016? If not, this is the very last month, so bring your cheque book or some cash. You can also do a bank transfer.